This group will support girls in building a solid foundation to navigate the joys and challenges of adolescence, as well as serve as a safe container for a Rite of Passage into young adulthood. Girls will explore and practice a variety of skills that will ground them and guide them. Through discovering their own inner nature and the natural world, they will cultivate a deep relationship to themselves and to one another. "Girls Rock!" will offer a place for fun and discovery that is safe and real.
Amy and Dyer bring over 24 years of combined experience working with teens. We are especially versed in Rites of Passage work and therapeutic wilderness work, as well as mindfulness practices. We are dedicated and passionate about supporting youth, and therefore their families, in navigating the teen years. We feel there is a need for teens to be mentored by conscious, caring adults who can witness and guide their self-discovery.
- Meditation/mindfulness and other mind/body practices
- Creative and experiential activities
- Council practice, an intentional way of speaking and listening, to foster communication and relational skills, and to support self-awareness and growth
- Time in nature, as a way to develop a relationship with the natural world and to serve as a vehicle for developing a relationship with one's inner nature
- When & Where: Mondays 4pm-6pm, Kentfield Marin County.
- Cost: $55 per meeting, scholarships available
- In addition: We will plan seasonal weekend daylongs in nearby natural settings and create a culmination ceremony. Parenting meeting/consultation offered.